- Home School Civics
- NEW! PAPERLESS Version - Canadian Civics Google Classroom Course - 1 Student License
NEW! PAPERLESS Version - Canadian Civics Google Classroom Course - 1 Student License
Welcome to the newest addition to our line-up of homeschool courses! The popular workbook version of the course, "Canadian Civics: Purposeful, Informed, and Active Citizenship," is now available in an interactive paperless format!
Utilizing the stable and easy-to-use learning platform, "Google Classroom," this new course is clearly structured and a great fit for students who prefer to complete the course on their computer, rather than using a workbook. A diverse range of activities and resources are provided for students in this self-directed course. The parent will also receive access to a Google Drive folder containing answer keys, tests, and grading rubrics. If you are not strong with technology or your internet connection is weak, the workbook version of the course may be a better fit!
In this course, you will explore what it means to live as a Christian in community within an ever-changing Canadian culture. The course emphasizes the importance of being a purposeful, informed, and active citizen. You will learn about the elements of democracy and the meaning of democratic citizenship in local, provincial, national, and global contexts. In addition, you will learn about other systems of government, discuss social change, examine decision-making processes in Canada, examine beliefs and perspectives on civics questions, and practice how to think and act critically and creatively about public issues. Most importantly this course will encourage you to become actively involved in influencing decisions and initiating positive change.
- What's Included: Three dynamic units that meet or exceed provincial standards
- In-depth activities packages and creative powerpoints
- Clear instructions for each unit and activity.
- Access to interactive Google quizzes.
- Answer keys for all activities packages and tests.
- A Parent Google Drive folder with access to answer keys, tests, and the exam.
- Complete Exam with review activities and answer key.
- No textbook needed! A free e-Booklet is included.
- For additional children in the family who plan to take the course, more licenses will need to be purchased for each child.
- The files from the course must stay within the Google Classroom platform.
- One Google Drive folder connected to Google Classroom is provided for each student to organize their work.
- Files and course resources may NOT be shared with other families.
- This is a self-directed course and parents will mark all the assignments, not Creating History.
- The parent will be provided with answer keys and grading rubrics through a Google Drive folder. The parent may NOT share these resources with other families.
- If you are not strong with technology or have a weak internet connection, the workbook version of the course is likely a better fit!